In today’s world, fashion trends come and go. That is why fashionistas around the world cling to the designer “it bags” – for some stability and enduring style. With such a following, this creates a platform for designers to create something that can be seen as both trendy and classic. What does this mean? A bag that appeals to a large number of women at the moment, but is worth the investment because it will be in style for years to come. There is a fairly long list of designer handbags that would fall into this category, but there are five that stand out among the crowd.
- First on the list would be the Hermes Birkin. Named after actress Jane Birkin, this bag is one of the most exclusive, not to mention expensive, bags in the world. Before the dismissal of the notorious wait-list in 2010, the bag could take anywhere from eight months to six years to receive. What is the price range for one of these envious bags? Anywhere between $9,000-$150,000 depending on the buyer’s custom specifications, such as hides and hardware. Despite its differentiation between owners, it is still one of the most recognizable and most highly coveted designer handbags on the market.
- Second on the list is the Fendi Baguette. You probably remember this gem most from the HBO series Sex and the City. This bite-sized bag was considered to be one of the first “it bags” when it was introduced in 1998. Part of this micro designer handbag’s appeal is that it is available in many different colors and fabrics, including exotic skins like lizard. This bag earns its timeless position because it is versatile. It is able to go with a girl from day to night without having to be swapped. It is perfect for the office or a night on the town. It isn’t too showy and nothing about it screams a distinct time period; instead, it is a chic purse with a classic feel.
- A list of timeless designer handbags would not be complete without the Louis Vuitton Speedy. It is one of the most recognizable designer handbags around the world. It is a bag that goes with absolutely any outfit and is perfect for any occasion. It comes in sizes 25, 30, 35, and 40 so each owner can pick their perfect match. What else is perfect about this bag? How Louis Vuitton shows how much they care by ensuring that each LV is straight and visible by not allowing it to be cut off by edges or seems. The Speedy is not only beautiful, but it is beautifully made as well.
- The Yves Saint Laurent Muse was an instant classic as soon as it appeared on the market in 2006. Its oval shape gives it a look that is different from most designer handbags and provides a certain undeniable class. The best feature of the Muse bag comes in the form of size. It allows ladies to choose between regular and large with the former being great for everyday use and the latter posing as more of an overnight bag. Available in several colors and skins, such as ostrich, this bag is perfect for almost any occasion.
- To round out the list of timeless “it bags” is the Gucci Boston Bag. It is the essence of a timeless designer handbag. It is not overly precocious, but it is stunning nonetheless. Its size is not too big and not too small, and the straps fit perfectly in the crook of the arm. This bag is a perfect example of Gucci’s extraordinary ability to create an effortlessly classic handbag.
Every woman needs her own timeless handbag. While not everyone may be able to afford a new Speedy or get their hands on a Birkin, there are ways to attain classic designer handbags. The best way is to go discount through online stores like Queen Bee of Beverly Hills. These sites allow ladies a chance to purchase their very own ageless designer http://www.QueenBeeofBeverlyHills.com without spending a fortune.
Which handbag would be #6 on our list?