I’ve been doing a lot of living lately, and I think I’ve came up with the ultimate guide of instructions to life. I’m pretty sure this will help anyone, really.
- Okay, first thing first… Smile. Even if you don’t feel like it, just pretend like you’re a highly paid A-list actor and smile like your check depends on it.
- Do something for someone. Anyone. Someone wise did say that “you haven’t lived until you do something for somebody that can never repay you.” Great quote to live by, you know.
- Split your money into three parts: Monthly expenses (bills, groceries, gas, etc.), Fun money (designer handbags, road trips, restaurants, etc.), and savings (to ensure that you always have what you need.) Money is a big deal. Even free stuff isn’t free anymore.
- Do something once a day that makes you extremely happy. My “happy must do” is Pinterest. I flipping love Pinterest. It can even be as small as taking a long, hot bubble bath. So even on your worst days, you have at least one thing to look back on and smile about.
- Love. Love someone, something, a pet, yourself. Just love. Even if it isn’t returned, don’t beat yourself up about it. There are billions of people on this earth.
- Try new things. You can try out new pens, new foods, new cultures, new lifestyle changes… just keep your life interesting. It will make you happy.
- Don’t be judgemental. This is a biggie. Today, we are taught to hate so many things and lifestyles. Don’t be like that. Judgement is hate. Hating doesn’t make you happy. It makes you critize everything the world has to offer us and that’s never fun. Give people a chance. Give life a chance.
- Don’t dwell on social media drama. Just don’t.
- Be who you are, even if it means standing outside the crowd. It’s not worth it to be afraid to live your life the way you want to live it… Hey Jack, you only have one.
- Never do something that you know deep down you don’t want to do. It will haunt you for the rest of your life.
- Dream. I know that sounds cra-zay but, dreaming allows you to be all the places you can’t physically be at. It allows you to be with the people you can’t physically touch and talk to. It’s a wonderful thing.. and anyone can do it.
- Smile… Yeah, I already said it… but trust me, it works. You probably didn’t even consider it the first time I typed it.
- Last, but not least. Go for it. Whatever came to your mind when I said that, that’s what you go for. If it ends in failure, dance it off and go for something else. You will regret something you never tried way more than something you tried but it didn’t work out.
This is just the beginning. If you know something else that I didn’t mention, COMMENT and let the world know!